Adelaide Festival Centre is the heart of the arts in South Australia. Established in 1973, it is Australia’s first capital city arts venue, hosting more than 980,000 people annually.
We present theatre, dance, music and exhibitions, as well as create our own Festivals for audiences of all ages to be inspired, challenged, educated and entertained.
We welcome audiences of all ages and across lifestyles and cultures.
We are committed to supporting and co-presenting some of the world’s biggest touring musicals and work hard to ensure the delivery of shows that wouldn’t otherwise be seen in South Australia.
We are home to:
Adelaide Festival of Arts, Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, State Opera of South Australia, Australian Dance Theatre, State Theatre Company of SA, Windmill Theatre, The Australian Ballet and Brink.
While Adelaide Festival Centre relies on funding from the SA Government, it is a commercial operation drawing around 70% of revenue from commercial activity. Key parts of the organisation include:
- Car parking – Adelaide Festival centre carpark is a venue service for patrons.
- Catering services – including function business and retail food and beverage operations at all venues.
- Marketing and Publicity Services – delivery of marketing and publicity solutions for external venue hirers, based on our local knowledge and experience in the SA market for arts and entertainment.
- Theatre hire – use of the venues to external arts companies and commercial producers.
- Theatre workshops – workshop facilities build sets and provide engineering solutions for theatrical productions and cultural events.
- Ticketing - BASS ticketing system provides ticketing solutions for external festivals and events.
- Merchandise – Adelaide Festival Centre sources and produces merchandise related to Festivals and shows.
The Art of Business at the Adelaide Festival Centre
Adelaide Festival Centre Corporate Highlights