Bistro by the food business
A hidden river gem waiting to be uncovered.
Please note that The Bistro will be closed during the major Riverbank construction period and reopening later in the year. Alternative food and beverage options will continue to be offered to Festival Centre patrons including:
- Additional food offerings in the café at the front of the Festival Theatre.
- Elder Park Kiosk will continue to operate throughout as usual.
- The Pre-Show Dinner option in the Festival Theatre will now cater for tailored bookings for tables of 2 or 4 or 5 etc. as required, as opposed to the current banquet style seating. The pre-show dining option will now also be available for shows scheduled in the Dunstan Playhouse as well as those in the Festival Theatre. The venue for pre-show dining will be adjacent the Festival Theatre, with patrons directed from the Piano Bar.
- Pre-Show Dinners are $35 per person and include a choice of main course, a glass of wine, Coopers beer or Coca Cola soft drink, Coffee and Petits Fours.
- Bars in the Festival Theatre foyer, including the Piano Bar will continue to provide drinks, coffee and light platters.
- For shows in The Space and Dunstan Playhouse, the Space Bar will continue to provide drinks and light platters and there will be at least two hot food options available from the Playhouse Bar. Additional tables and chairs will be installed in the Dunstan Playhouse/Space Theatre foyer for patrons to eat and drink at.
The Restaurant and Catering SA Awards for Excellence ‘2011 Caterer of the Year’, the food business is the proud operator of the Adelaide Festival Centre’s Bistro, downstairs at the Dunstan Playhouse. This 140-seater restaurant has unrivalled River Torrens views, offers highly memorable experiences with a tantalising seasonal a la carte menu, accompanied by quality service and can accommodate up to 320 guests for a stand-up function. A catering package can be tailored to suit any occasion, be it a wedding, anniversary, birthday, conference or product launch, with finger food or a casual sit-down lunch or dinner overlooking the River Torrens.
The modern Australian cuisine covers a global spectrum of tastes, using the freshest local top-shelf produce. Some of the ingredients used are grown in the garden at the back of the food business’ Hazelwood Park restaurant.
The cosy Cocktail Lounge adjacent to the restaurant is an idyllic place to unwind for after work drinks with delectable bar snacks and cocktails on offer. Bar snack platters can be arranged in advance for group bookings.
Bistro by the food business will be open when there are performances in Dunstan Playhouse, as well as for private functions.
Bistro by the food business introduces The Powder Room
With the best River Torrens views and delectable bar snacks, keep the party going at late night lounge, the powderRoom downstairs at the Dunstan Playhouse. Open every Friday and Saturday night from 10pm til late. Free entry, drink specials, and bar snacks until late.