The arts influence society by changing opinions, challenging beliefs, making us think and translating experience from across a spectrum of cultures. Through creativity people of different cultures and across all ages communicate – via the universal language of images, sounds and stories.
Adelaide Festival Centre Foundation’s mission is to enrich the lives of generations to come and to give young South Australians an experience that lasts a lifetime.
Our Foundation supports Arts For All. Read about our 2020 Vision and please consider donating to one or some of the numerous children and youth programs we support.
Find out more about our Buy A Seat Campaign here.
Our Foundation plays an integral role in providing access to the arts for children and schools with disadvantage. For many of these children, these visits are their first exposure to the arts and without the heavily subsidised transport and tickets, most would never have the opportunity to experience the magic and wonder of the arts.
The Foundation is committed to inspiring and stimulating young people at Adelaide’s Festival Centre and raises money to support a range of activities and initiatives including;
- Welcoming children and their families into the arts through the Foundation Kids Corner, part of the hugely successful Something on Saturday program
- Introducing children with disadvantage to the arts through subsidised ticket prices known as EquityTix
- Grants for financially or geographically disadvantaged 8 to 16 year olds to attend OnStage Performing Arts School Holiday Program.
- Engaging with the future of the arts through the GreenRoom membership and advocacy engagement program for 18–30 year olds
- Career development for the future of the arts profession through fellowships and training opportunities
- Providing prize money to young and upcoming guitarists from all over the world in Adelaide Guitar Festival’s Classical Guitar Competition.
- Funding the Nathaniel O'Brien Class of Cabaret Scholarship
- Supporting OzAsia Festival’s Children and Young People’s Education Program.
Foundation donors care about the creative future of South Australia and recognise that the arts are an essential part of our lives. Doing more than simply providing entertainment, the arts celebrate our identity, heritage and diversity.
Read our latest Adelaide Festival Centre Foundation newsletter here.
You can support the Foundation by giving in a number of different ways. Find out more here.
It’s easier to take than to give. It’s nobler to give than to take. The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thrill of giving lasts a lifetime. Joan Marques
Members of the Foundation Board
Kathryn House AM
John Sulan QC
Lady Joan Hardy OAM
If you would like further information of the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives please contact:
Phone: 08 8216 8826